The woman said to Him, “Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet. Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where one ought to worship.” Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father.
Jesus went on to say
But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
Many members of the body are searching for buildings, or locations to worship the Father through his Son our Saviour and King, Jesus Christ. A place to call their church home.
Acts 7:47,50 However, the Most High does not dwell in temples made with hands, as the prophet says:
Heaven is My throne,
And earth is My footstool.
What house will you build for Me? says the LORD, what is the place of My rest?
Has My hand not made all these things?
Jesus Christ is the Cornerstone of a spiritual building made up of His believers Masterfully designed by the Father through the Holy Spirit of His Son.
John 1:3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
1 Peter 2:4,5
Coming to Him (Jesus) as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
We are The Spiritual house of the Living Stones;
1.We understand that in order to truly worship God it must be done in Spirit and In truth.
2. We are a church of many members spanning across all the earth, transcending all boundaries, and denominations, rooted in the Word of God; standing on the Rock of Christ, unified in the goal of finishing the race set before us, supporting one another as we fight the good fight. We are soldiers of Christ striving to be obedient to the call, and command of our LORD.
3. We are not focused on Spiritual gifts because we understand that the Holy Spirit will distribute each gift and every gift as needed to complete whatever job the Lord has intended to be done.
Those who continue in prayer seeking the Will of God will naturally gravitate towards their position without anyone having to tell them.
We are simply vessels for God to minister through as he sees fit. We take no credit for any work done in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. As the true Church of Christ we are determine to find out what is well pleasing to the Lord, through study, prayer, and an openness to loving correction, understanding that it is for our growth.
We are open to discuss the scriptures With any one seeking Truth in the spirit of love and patience, understanding that we are all students of the Holy Spirit and that no individual is greater then the other. We are all equal in Christ (though some may have a ministry of leadership which we will recognize and submit to as directed by the Spirit) and must be open to loving rebuke, or correction, or else we are not teachable and will err against the truth.
“In a multitude of counselors there is safety”
“Let the righteous strike me, it shall be a kindness and let him rebuke me it shall be as excellent oil. Let my head not refuse it.”
We have no physical building to call our own and we are liberated by the realization that we need no tangible structure formed by men’s hands.
We will never have one, For it is written We are Gods building. 1 Corinthians 3:9
1 Corinthians 3:16 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
This does not mean that we can not nor should not actively congregate together whenever and wherever we have the opportunity.
It is through these gatherings that we have the opportunity to meet others and to Fellowship with them, and to become a Temple within a temple.
Proverbs 21:3 To do righteousness and justice is more acceptable to the Lord then sacrifice Hosea 6:6 For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, and the Knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.
6. We are a holy priesthood offering up spiritual sacrifices to God. Psalm 51:17. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, a broken and contrite (meaning repentant) heart. Psalm 27:4,8 And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me; Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD. Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice! Have mercy also upon me, and answer me. When You said, “Seek My face,” My heart said to You, “Your face, LORD, I will seek.”
Psalm 4:3,5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, And put your trust in the LORD.
Psalm 107:21,22 Oh, that men would give thanks to the LORD for His goodness, And for His wonderful works to the children of men! Let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, And declare His works with rejoicing Hebrews 13:15-16 Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name. But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.
7. We glory only in the LORD and We put no confidence in men.
It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. Psalms 118:8 We put no confidence in worldly riches. 1 Timothy 6:17 Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy.
We do not rely on worldly wisdom, 1 Corinthians 1:20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
We do not have faith in our own strength, or methodology. For it is written that God has chosen not many who are wise or mighty, but the weak and foolish things of the world,(us), so that none may boast in himself but only in the Power of God.
1 Corinthians 1:26,31
For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, that no flesh should glory in His presence. But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God and righteousness and sanctification and redemption that, as it is written, “He who glories, let him glory in the LORD.”